Farm Workers Wanted In Canada
Canada is a country in the Northern part of America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
The Capitol city is Ottawa while its largest city is Toronto.
A farmworker is a hired agricultural worker on a farm that works for the farmers. However, in discussions relating to labor law application, the term “farmworker” is sometimes used more narrowly, applying only to a hired worker involved in agricultural production, including harvesting, i.e. not to a worker in other on-farm jobs, such as packing.
- Harvest and inspect crops by hand.
- Irrigate farm soil and maintain ditches or pipes and pumps.
- Operate and service farm machinery.
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungi, and weeds.
- Move shrubs, plants, and trees with wheelbarrows or tractors.