Hair Stylist Jobs Opportunities in Canada
Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
Jobs Description :
A hairdresser is a person whose occupation is to cut or style hair in order to change or maintain a person’s image. This is achieved using a combination of hair coloring, haircutting, and hair texturing techniques. Most hairdressers are professionally licensed as either a hairdresser, a barber or a cosmetologist.
- Welcoming customers and identifying their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommending hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Washing, rinsing and drying clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalps)
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques