Pharmacy Assistant Jobs Opportunities In Canada
Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
About The Jobs :
A pharmacy technician is a title-protected, licensed health care provider who performs pharmacy-related functions, working collaboratively with a licensed pharmacist.
The pharmacy technician will begin their day by getting the pharmacy ready for business. This includes turning on equipment such as computers, scales, printers and fax machines. They must also sterilize the counter tops, scales, pill counting trays, and other medication measuring devices.
- Filling, processing, and dispensing medications
- Re-package and label medications
- Prepare blister pack on scheduled time
- Adhere to safety practices in order to ensure quality care for patients
- Help maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices
- Provide customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Effective computer and keyboarding skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong prioritization skills and an ability to make decisions independently and effectively
- Able to operate equipment such as computers, and cash registers