Ongoing Recruitment For Tour Guide Jobs In Scotland, UK
Scotland is a country in Europe and is part of the island of Great Britain (Europe’s largest island) alongside England, Wales and Northern Ireland. This lush beautiful country is bursting with green spaces, lush forests, towering mountains and vast lochs (the Scottish word for lakes!).
Jobs Summary :
The Tour Guide’s responsibilities include planning travel itineraries, familiarizing customers with the locality by vehicle or foot, and ensuring that the group remains safe at all times. You should also stay up-to-date with new attractions that may be of interest to customers.
- Greeting and welcoming customers to the tour.
- Informing customers about the itinerary for each tour.
- Planning itineraries in accordance with weather forecasts and the length of each tour.
- Scheduling visits and purchasing tickets to museums, galleries, protected parks, and other attractions ahead of time, if required.
- Planning alternate activities in the event that cancellations, closures, or weather prohibit you from attending scheduled events.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience as a Tour Guide is advantageous.
- Capacity to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Adherence to prescribed safety codes.
- Excellent conversational skills with a knack for storytelling.